The most viewed posts this month were:
- Detecting genomic signatures of natural selection with principal component analysis: application to the 1000 Genomes data. Duforet-Frebourg et al. develop a method to detect positive selection in genomic data using principal component analysis, and apply the method to human populations.
- Fast principal components analysis reveals independent evolution of ADH1B gene in Europe and East Asia. Galinsky et al. develop a fast version of principal component analysis and methods to use it to detect positive selection, with application to human populations.
- Author post: Bayesian Model Comparison in Genetic Association Analysis: Linear Mixed Modeling and SNP Set Testing. William Wen describes his preprint on model comparison in association studies.
- Network analysis of genome-wide selective constraint reveals a gene network active in early fetal brain intolerant of mutation. Choi et al. develop a population genetic/network approach to identifying pathways important in disease risk.
- FermiKit: assembly-based variant calling for Illumina resequencing data. Heng Li describes a new variant calling pipeline for genome sequence data.