The most viewed posts on Haldane’s Sieve this month were:
- Are all genetic variants in DNase I sensitivity regions functional? Moyerbrailean et al. identify genetic variants that influence DNase-I sensitivity and have downstream effects on phenotypic variation.
- Understanding Admixture Fractions Liang and Nielsen present theoretical results on admixture proportions inferred in the “admixture model” initially implemented in the program STRUCTURE.
- On the genetic architecture of intelligence and other quantitative traits. Hsu reviews the literature on the heritability and genetics of intelligence measurements and presents results to guide association studies.
- Calling genotypes from public RNA-sequencing data enables identification of genetic variants that affect gene-expression levels. Deelen et al. use genotype imputation from public RNA sequencing data to perform a large study of the genetics of gene expression.
- Efficient Bayesian mixed model analysis increases association power in large cohorts. Loh et al. present a novel algorithm for analysis of linear mixed models in genome-wide association studies.