The most viewed posts on Haldane’s Sieve in December 2013 were:
- Evolution of female choice and age-dependent male traits with paternal germ-line mutation. Joel James Adamson sets out a model of age dependent mutation rates and the good genes hypothesis for female choice.
- Author post: Joint analysis of functional genomic data and genome-wide association studies of 18 human traits. Joe Pickrell writes about his arXived paper linking GWAS data to functional annotations.
- Genome-wide scan of 29,141 African Americans finds no evidence of selection since admixture. Bhatia et al. look for deviations in admixture proportions across the genome, this paper is in part a response to Jin et al. who reported signals of selection (post admixture) in African Americans.
- Variational Inference of Population Structure in Large SNP Datasets. Raj, Stephens, and Pritchard develop a variational Bayesian framework implementation to speed up the popular STRUCTURE algorithm.
- Probabilistic models of genetic variation in structured populations applied to global human studies . Hao, Song, and Storey present new approaches to population structure.